samohhh: bets 200
    6franktank9: folds
    Uncalled bet (200) returned to samohhh
    samohhh collected 350 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 350 | Rake 0
    Board [Qd 8h Qs]
    Seat 1: 6franktank9 (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: samohhh (small blind) collected (350)
    Seat 5: maarten577 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: adr#m folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: ricar1749 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: nepo3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: homerxixon folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Value extraction tips please.

checking the flop and turn and give them the chance to make a hand or bluff the turn or river ...
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of momentum. When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing. Thus, the momentum of one skilled in war is overwhelming, and his attack precisely regulated".

I could have done that for sure.... However, I have a very high C-Bet percentage... So if I check it could actually alarm the villain. Hence the regular C-bet....

well u can go with ur read on the opponent...if his calling percentage is high post flop then un can fire a bet otherwise u should wait for him to take a shot n get some value...thats my view on it

Quote Originally Posted by samohhh View Post
    I could have done that for sure.... However, I have a very high C-Bet percentage... So if I check it could actually alarm the villain. Hence the regular C-bet....
    Yeah but if you check the flop and he checks behind you give him a chance to hit his cards, plus if he does and you also check the turn he may try to steal ... and be inclined to look up a small bet on the river
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of momentum. When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing. Thus, the momentum of one skilled in war is overwhelming, and his attack precisely regulated".

@MumbaiMagic - Chance to hit his cards?? Wat cards wuld dat be exactly? lol

Well most likely he had a suited hand or a pair smaller hand then you. He didnt raise pre flop and hence AQ is unlikely. The only scenario where you get value from this hand is if he has AQ, or 2 of his suit or if he thinks you are bluffing.
    On this flop there is no draw so value is from AQ, Qx - Dont know what buyin was this but generally people wont enter a raised pot with a random Q. Unlikely that he had a big Q as he has not raised pre flop before you. He might have a smaller pair.

Hence the only value you get from this hand is if he believes you are bluffing. With a high C bet stats on the table he might think you are bluffing and peal of the flop with his smaller pair hopefully he hits the turn and then u can have all his chips.

I would say a very good play on ur part just that he didnt bite. In many places like this opponent will think you are protecting your big pocket or AK typer hands and rep a Q by re-raising and you will win additional chips. No thinking player will call a value bet on this board with a A high or a small pair hence i think a river value bet will not work.
    Last edited by saby; 03-30-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Hey watch this video on trapping this explains all i was trying to write he he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY6BoamrXhE

Quote Originally Posted by donkab0mber View Post
    @MumbaiMagic - Chance to hit his cards?? Wat cards wuld dat be exactly? lol
    Maybe if you stop .. engage brain and think about it in the context it is written .. whatever cards he is holding whether he needs a an A, K, J, 10, 9 ... his cards ... it doesn't matter what he has as long as his hand "improves" and he believes it is good because of the weak check on the flop and turn .... it's called "allowing him to catch up". Off course you can check flop turn and bet the river but he is still folding ...

Simply an option ... but then I don't continually c-bet strong hand or weak ones .. I simply mix it up and it largely depends on how the table is playing .. if you have an agressive player .. play passive with a monster - if he is passive - play agressive with a weak ... anyones predicitabilty and patterns are exploitable .. but bet sizing should remain constant when in control/agressive mode.

My bad then..guess I took it out of context! lol